Sunday, January 31, 2010

10 Things I love about Bandung

I guess everybody loves Bandung!
(Am I right?)

I've already made a list of 10 reasons why I love Jakarta (even though I havent published it yet), but mmm...
Let me try to make a list for you about why I love Bandung.

1. The first one is.. of course, Heaven of Food
You can have a food adventure in Bandung. Started from Sundanese dishes to Italian dishes, from Padang food to Japanese food. Lots of them taste really good..
Btw, I've spent six years to explore this Bandung food, but there's still a lot I havent try.

2. Heaven of Fashion (halah :p)
I think the weather in Bandung is very fashion-friendly. Its not too hot like Jakarta (but also not too cold to make you shivering), so you can try various cute cardigans, jackets, or even simple thin-coats, and wear it just on the street. Yes, on the street, not inside a building under the shelter of air conditioner.

3. A Developed but (quite) Little City 
If I'm not mistaken (CMIIW :p), the distance from south Bandung to north Bandung is nearly only about 12 kilometers. You can find almost anything (food, clothes, electronic devices) in Bandung without having an exhausting effort to reach them.

4. A Slight Traffic Jam
Compared to Jakarta, Bandung is so much better in this area. Maybe, a little advice from me is not to go to Dago and Setiabudhi in weekend. But for the weekdays, actually I think the main problem is the public transportation (angkot) that always stop wherever and as long as they like. If you have your own vehicle, you can save a lot of time, but for me.. you are also contribute to give an extra burden to this lovely city.

5. My Campus 
I'm such a campusaholic. No longer explanation needed.


6. ...
..
hmm..

What else?

Oh wait..
I guess I can't list until 10 things :D

ps. Actually, there is only one major reason why I love Bandung.. but i think thats out of topic.

2 comments:

edratna said...

Tambahkan....Banyak pohon atau tempat yang bisa dipanjat

Anonymous said...

the atmosphere! dont know how to describe it,but somehow I always miss Bandung. But yeah,our campus is really something, feels like home! It used to be my 'home' indeed.