Thursday, August 06, 2009

Stupid mistakes, but nice progress. Fight!

Here is a documentation of my progress. There's a lot of troubleshooting. I hope the information below could help anyone who need it.

SIM300's evaluation board.
Status = solved.
I bought it from Jaya Plaza, Bandung, in a shop named "iwant".
Price: evaluation board = about Rp 800,000 
SIM300 = about Rp 450,000 

ATMega128's minimum system.
Status = couldn't find it in Anam or JP (Jaya Plaza).
Now I'm using ATMega32 (bought it from Anam, for about Rp 200,000)
FYI, the ATMega32 has a same minimum system with ATMega8535.

Another problem is how to download the program to the microcontroller.
I need STK200 Dongle downloader.

Status = subtituted by STK500 USB Dongle.This is great. The dongle is a USB version of programmer so I could continue using my laptop (which have no parallel port needed for STK200) to code.I bought this DT-HiQ AVR USB ISP from Anam (about Rp 200,000)

But this dongle leads me to another problem. When i try it using CodeVisionAVR 1.24.7e, it always give me an "AVRISP error leaving programming mode".
I wrote an email to the support system of innovative electronics (the one who produced this dongle), and have a suggestion not to use CVAVR version 1.24.7, because it has a bug in programmer STK500/AVRISP.

I browsed and googled, found Prasimax Mikron 123, located in Depok, near Jakarta.
Nice. I found ATMega128 + System Minimum / Development Board (Rp 350,000 + Rp 38,000 for the mailing cost).

I also found a link to download CodeVisionAVR 2.04.3a Evaluation version in Prasimax Mikron. And guess what? It works. There is no "AVRISP error leaving programming mode" error anymore.

Err, actually, while downloading the program, I found another error.
"The FLASH buffer is empty. Do you want to load a file?"

But it was happened just because I haven't compiled my source file before download it to the microcontroller :D Stupid mistake.

=

Well, that's my progress.Now I'm in process of ordering ATMega128 + Development Board from Prasimax.
Hope it will be fine at all.

Amin..

No comments: