Sunday, August 30, 2009

Finding a pair of supported network operators to run CSD in Indonesia

First of all, let me tell you my main mistake in searching information about CSD (Circuit Switched Data). The popular word is not CSD. The network operator (such us XL and Indosat) usually called CSD as a facsimile (fax) data service. Therefore, if you are looking information about CSD from your operator's website, I suggest you to google using the word "layanan data fax", instead of CSD.

You will probably have to activate you CSD service. You can do this by visiting the customer service of your network operator. But then, to really make sure that your SIM card is working on CSD, the only way is that you should try it out, one by one.

As my experience, I activated two cards (XL and Indosat) but unfortunately, they can't dial the ATD (AT Command for data calls). I tried randomly but it just led me to desperate.

After a quite long time in desperation, I succeed in finding the supported card. I'll share it here (hope this will be useful for you):
1. Option #1: a prepaid number of XL (to dial) and a post paid number of XL
2. Option #2: a postpaid number of Halo Telkomsel (to dial) and a post paid number of XL

Fight-oh!

No comments: