Friday, September 06, 2013

Lemon chiffon cake with almond and kiwi

This year I wanted to make something special for Kaigiman's birthday. I decided to make a well-decorated birthday cake. It was really my first attempt at cake decorating. The (seems-to-be) easiest choice is to pour chocolate/ganache on the top of chocolate brownies (at least that was how my friend told me). For a chocolate lover like me (!), this option is of course the best option. However, Kaigiman doesn't like chocolate that much (which keep me questioning: how can? :p).


I changed my plan into something more.. healthy (well, no.. I don't really think so :D )
A cake with fresh fruits on the top of it. I thought a strawberry shortcake would do great (yumm!), until I realized that it was no longer strawberry season in Japan. I couldn't find strawberry in any market. I could only find kiwi, grapes, and.. banana.

I ended up making lemon chiffon cake and decorated it with almond and kiwi slices. I brought the cake to campus and everybody seemed to love the taste. Yokatta ne :)

No comments: