Monday, January 03, 2011

Hawaiian Maguro Tataki Burger


When a friend of mine offered a burger party, I thought it would be just a simple work of piling up bread, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and a-slice-of-dedicated-burger-meat. That's why I was a bit surprised when I saw them (him and another friend) picking up a box of minced raw meat at the supermarket.

"Eh? So we are going to make our burger meat by ourselves?"
(I asked to myself :p) Oh no :D

Basically I like the idea. The best part is that you can choose what kind of meat you will use in your burger . In this case, I chose maguro tataki = a pre-processed tuna meat, that looked like raw meat for me. But the problem was.. I didn't really know how to make burger meat :D

Finally, I imitated what my friends did with their meat. It was quite simple, just mix minced meat with egg, slices of tomatoes, slices of onion, parsley, pepper, and salt. And then, fry it as burger meat. Mmmm.. nyam nyam.
(ps: just be careful, because somehow I gave too much egg and salt so that my maguro meat tasted like salty omelette :D :D :D )

Finishing touch:
Just toast the buns, do some piling up (of bread and other ordinary ingredients), give extra mayonnaise and tomato sauce (ketchup), and.. don’t forget to add a slice of pineapple into the burger (yes, hawaiian style!).

Voila! I had my first hawaiian burger and it was very delicious :)

arigatou, friends. tanoshikatta desu. 

2 comments:

andi said...

don't tell me you also managed to make your own pineapple slice :D
I believe the energy from the burger would not be enough to recover the lost from "processing" the pineapple ehehe..

narpen said...

Oh, that is what i would like to tell you (!!), but that would be a big lie :P :P :P

yes, fortunately we found pineapple cut that looks like a tube (cylindric with a hole inside it).

However, in case we didn't find that kind of pineapple, probably my friend would still like to try (to cut pineapple)..

.. or maybe not :P