Sunday, January 03, 2010

A hollywood version of me

Speaking of hollywood movies, a few weeks ago, a friend of mine greeted me. He said that he'd just watched a movie that reminded him to me.
I straightly guessed, "Zooey Deschanel?"
He was surprised, "How did you know?"
Well, that was quite easy. Actually he's not the first one who said that i look like Zooey Deschanel.



one of the scenes at (500) Days of Summer (taken from IMDB's site)
Who is this Zooey Deschanel?
Do you even know her name?
Because I didn't :D

The first time I heard her name was about 2.5 years ago, when I was an undergraduate. At that time, my classmate said that I looked like an actress in a hollywood movie he had just watched (sorry, I forget the title).

Well, this time (back to our present time), Zooey played the main role at "(500) Days of Summer". I searched in IMDB's site and found that it had a 8.1/10 rate, which get the movie into one of the top 250 list (#226).  I got curious and a little bit flattered. I bought the dvd and spent my 1st january by watching it.

The movie itself is quite funny and full of cynical scene (which is a type of my favorite humor :D), but I dont like its ending. After watching the movie, I think some friends of mine said that we (Zooey and I) look a like because we have the same bangs style. But in my humble opinion, Zooey looks much prettier than me (of course!).

Ps: If you miss me, you can try to watch this movie ;D

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm... hmm... hmm...
*speechless*

Instead, the actress always tell the journalists that you looks like her.

narpen said...

Yeah right, Zooey often said my name on the red carpet :p How do you know that?

poppy said...

totally agree with you (hate the ending!)

bagus said...

I don't like the movie, can't find any reason why this movie get the 8.1 score at imdb (duh)...btw it is pretty obvious that her attitude have a LOT of similarity with yours :D no offence..
Actually the hair style in the pic reminds me of you too (funny :D)

@ poppy said...

yes, aunty.. this is a saaaddd film wrapped as a comedy :(
if only this was a happy ending film..

anyway-busway, do u know that the movie comes from a true story?

@ bagus said...

hahaha... i guess thats really an offence, uncle..
i hope ur talking about my GOOD attitude
:D

btw, i dont like the story line (it is kind of realistic but cruel), but somehow i like how the writer turns a broken heart story into a cynical comedy..

i like its opening disclaimer :D

baguskd said...

Good att? which one? :D

I like the story, but just don't agree with the score :(
8.1, that's a movie score that usually encourage me to watch a movie in a theater. 7 is the appropriate score for this movie (personal opinion)

Unknown said...

after moving forward and backward towards the monitor,hmm.. i saw you two quite look alike.Oh wait..my screen was dusty back then :P.
talking about Summer,i was sorry for her. She read Dorian Gray and ended with accepting random guy who proposed her. I believe she saw Dorian Gray in herself.

narpen said...

@ baguskd:
is 7.9 enough for you? (bargaining :D)
for me, because i think it is a worth seeing movie, maybe i would give an 8!
to be honest, i rarely watch drama in theater (despite they have a good score in imdb).

@ andi:
i know u still think the same after u clean up ur monitor :D
noooo.. i think he is not a random guuyyy.. hahahaha. ur so cynical.
btw who is this Dorian Gray??
*googling and still dont understand.. maybe i should watch the movie

andi said...

@narpen,
watch it, it's pretty good movie (or read the novel, The Picture of Dorian Gray). I dont want to spoil you,but the point is that Dorian Gray is also a person who doesnt believe in true love, til (spoiler) :D

neo said...

I really like this movie, i think its a good one (I would say 9 out of 10) coz it has very important message actually. Its not like typical other love stories out there..
I am quite surprise not too many like the ending.. coz I think at the end Summer found her true love. :)

Syafiq Irsyadi said...

My first comment in this blog (i think),
You should look on youtube for a song called 'sentimental heart' sang by her. It's really nice song.

Syafiq Irsyadi said...

But i should warn you beforehand it's a sad song