Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The beauty of shortcut

For the sake of efficiency, I do really like shortcut. I've been extensively using shortcuts in Ms Office and browser (Opera). Actually, these shortcuts are really fun. Using keyboard shortcut is often faster than mouse clicking (especially if you have a cheap-troublesome mouse on your desk :p).
Now I'm trying to use shortcut to access some often-used programs, via Windows Run Command
shortcut: Windows key + R

Feel free to customize which program you want to access by setting windows path to some specific folder.
(I made one specific folder named "shortcut" to aggregate shortcuts of my 'favorite' programs into one folder)
Reference: here

From the same forum I also got some useful shortcut that are worth trying:
win+D to hide windows and show desktop
win+E to open new windows explorer window
win+M to minimize all windows off the screen to the taskbar
win+L to lock your windows session
(win = windows key)

The same thing is happened at winamp. They call it global hotkey. I had already heard about this global hotkey, but I wasnt interesting to use it. As I often to use winamp now, then i tried to customize the global hotkey. It works really nice. Using this global hotkey, you can control your winamp from any running application.

More about windows shortcut (link):
1. Microsoft Support: List of the keyboard shortcuts that are available in Windows XP
2. Windows keyboard shortcuts you never knew existed!
3. 156 Useful Run Commands
of course remembering too many shortcuts may not be an interesting option, so you should choose which of the shortcuts that suit your needs.

(Btw, this shortcut-thing is really cool to be used in my lab :p)
*Happy me*

No comments: